"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao Tzu
What is a mediation practice?
A meditation practice is a commitment to come back to yourself, to chill, to focus on you, to get centered, and be with yourself for yourself for a certain amount of time.
Why should you commit to a meditation practice?
Meditation has so many benefits. While some people might choose to do it just for the benefits it provides for the body, such as relaxation and lowering stress levels, others might choose to do it to help strengthen their spiritual connection.
Science-based benefits of meditation:
1. reduces stress
2. controls anxiety
3. promotes emotional health
4. enhances self-awareness
5. lengthens attention span
6. may reduce age-related memory loss
7, can generate kindness
8. may help fight addictions
9. improves sleep
10. helps control pain
11. can decrease blood pressure
Now, I'm going to refer to my own personal experience for the spiritual benefits of meditation.
Spiritual-based benefits of meditation:
1. helps you to connect with your spiritual guides
2. helps you to increase your awareness of self
3. strengthens your connection with God (Source)
4. creates a sense of calm, tranquility, and peace
5. declutters and clears the mind
6. opens up channels for communication
8. leads to your true north and voice
9. creates an inner meeting place for you and your guides to help you learn and receive guidance
10. creates a sense of unity
11. allows you to see situations, problems, people, choices very clearly
12. provides an anchor during stressful periods to come back to yourself
13. it helps to create a habit that promotes self-love and self-support